We Guarantee the Peace of Mind You Deserve
At Longboard, we understand the importance of durability, longevity, and peace of mind when it comes to your investment. That is why we offer a comprehensive warranty, guaranteeing coverage for all costs associated with repairs, including removal and reinstallation should there ever be a product manufacturing defect or failure. Covered costs include all materials, labor and ancillary support costs.
Longboard’s relentless focus on quality and durability ensures your project continues to impress decades later. By covering all associated costs should there ever be a product defect or failure, we aim to instill confidence and peace of mind in our clients, assuring them we stand by the durability of our offerings. Our comprehensive warranty serves as a testament to our unwavering dedication to both quality and client satisfaction.
All packages are non-prorated and include a 50-year limited warranty for any extruded aluminum profile.
All of our standard manufactured products are covered with our 15-year warranty. This warranty option protects material from checking, cracking, chalking resistance, color retention, gloss retention and adhesion for the first 15 years.
Products purchased with our 20-year warranty are manufactured differently using a premium powder coating to guarantee longer lasting quality. This warranty option protects material from checking, cracking, chalking resistance, color retention, gloss retention and adhesion for the first 20 years.
20-year warranty products require a 10 week lead time on orders and different pricing for premium powder coating.
The new warranty terms are effective on all warranties registered after June 1st.
Clients must register their warranty within 90 days from the substantial date of completion.
Submitting a Warranty Application
- Make sure to download the applicable warranty form, either standard 15 years or the brand new 20 year.
- Ensure all information is completed on the applicable, downloadable form located above.
- Ensure the documentation is SIGNED by the person responsible for the warranty (in some cases this is the owner, in other cases this may be a contractor, sub-contractor or installer)
- Ensure the customer invoice is attached when submitting. This copy must include pricing and is strictly confidential, only kept on our records in case of a warranty claim. This way we are able to cover the total amount paid for the material.
- The new warranty terms are effective on all warranties registered after June 1st. Clients must register their warranty within 90 days from the date of substantial completion.
- If you have any questions regarding warranties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting a Warranty Claim
- Email any photos and information regarding your order to email@example.com and our Quality Control team will be happy to speak with you and come to a resolution.