Patent Pending - U.S. 17/463,442; U.S. 29/806,153; U.S. 29/806,151
A revolutionary system for rear ventilated facades
Our Hitch™ cladding attachment system is a patented modular building product for rain screen and exterior wall assemblies offering a thermally broken and intermittent structural solution. Hitch™ is unparalleled when it comes to structural capacity, flexibility, and thermal performance.
Building codes and high-performance energy standards like Passive House and Net-Zero are evolving to meet multiple objectives, including reducing energy consumption and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The most efficient methods of insulating a building’s exterior walls are those that incorporate the principals of continuous exterior insulation with no or minimal thermal bridging to limit thermal loss. Hitch™ can achieve effective R-values exceeding R60 for various types of wall assemblies while supporting heavy cladding loads in high wind load and seismic conditions. The Hitch™ system can accommodate continuous exterior insulation thicknesses between 1” and 16” and is therefore suitable for use in all Passive House and ASHRAE climate zones across North America.
- Premium construction, durably designed for a service life of over 50yrs
- High tensile aluminum, stainless & galvalume steel for improved structural performance
- Built to be a modular, adaptable system, telescopically adjustable up to 1”
- Supports vertical and horizontal girt designs, and one- or two-layer girt assemblies
- High structural capacity for heavy cladding loads up to 15psf under high wind load and seismic conditions
- Accommodates continuous exterior insulation between 1” – 16” thick for >R60 walls
- Thermally broken attachment system with high thermal efficiency of more than 90%
- Cost effective, quick to install, and designed to be used on various types of building structures including masonry, concrete, wood and steel stud
- Independently certified by the Passive House Institute as an Advanced Component Façade Anchor for the Cool, Temperate Climate Zones
Longboard® is Innovative Sustainable Quality Visually Stunning
- LEED – Evaluates a building’s environmental performance
- EPD – Life-cycle environmental impact of products
- PASSIVE HOUSE INSTITUTE – Certified Component